Monday, October 12, 2009

What's So Funny

So the other day we went to buy an iron and the guy gave us a demonstration on a steamer - well let me just say that it was an excellent demonstration and he sucked us right into buying one. When we got home we realized that the place you put the water in was broken. So last night I ventured back out to try to exchange it. I get to the store and try to mime that it's broken. She laughed at me then took me to another lady. I mime that it's broken to her and she also laughed at me. Then she took me back to where they sold them and explained it to the guy. He proceeded push the button and slide the part right off (who knew there was a button!) and the all laughed at me.

So I get my steamer then ask if I can look around the store. She takes be back to the other side of the store and gets me a locker to put it in while I look around the store and a receipt that opens it. After I finish my shopping I go back to the locker only to find that I have lost my receipt. I mime to a lady that I have lost my receipt and she laughs at me and takes me back to the other girl at customer service who also laughs at me again.

Then I go to the fruit stand to pick up some oranges. (which cost me about 24 cents) and apparently I was a little slow to count my change and the woman laughed at me. It's like the whole country has an inside joke that I don't know about.

Oh well, I accomplished my tasks and made a new friend. All in all a pretty good night.

PS at China Wal-Mart if you take an article of clothing back because there's a hole in it - instead of giving you a new one or a refund they just sew it up for you right behind the customer service desk.

3 comments:

  1. actually I laugh everytime I see you too...so I think it is the whole world who has an inside joke you don't know about....I miss you emily :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is hilarious! what a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, this was hilarious!!!! (I LEARNED HOW TO POST!!!)

    ReplyDelete