Sunday, October 25, 2009

Living Stone Band Has Gone International

A few weeks ago, Em and I got invited to play a love song at an English Salon. What's an English Salon you might ask? You wouldn't be alone. We were wondering if we were getting our haircut or helping some people speak English. Basically think, pop concert, kindergarten games, disco, charades, and a slightly shady belly dancer (glad I was helping the ppt guy during that time).

We were the "dignified guests" to this event and got play a few songs. Living Stone band has gone international! Em and I played a love song my buddy Mitch wrote called "One Chance." We also got to play a song I wrote called "The Search" that is basically my story of coming to know the Father. They loved it, because thankfully you don't have to be a great singer to get applause around here!

At the end they posted a few conversation starter questions. Being the only native English speakers you can imagine that they all crowded around us. And they set sharing the Good News up on a tee for us. Right of the bat, when one of the Chinese people found out Em was from Iowa, they said, "I've met people from Iowa State University. They're great!" (Thanks to all you who have sown seeds here). Then he said, "Do you know JC to0?" Because of one of the questions asked, I got to share about my most unforgettable experience.

The Father is at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment