Thursday, December 31, 2009

Theater Comments

Mike and I went to go see a play with our friend a couple weeks ago. It was all in Chinese, so it was a little hard to follow. In true Chinese fashion, someone died a tragic and very dramatic death about every five minutes. Mike and I were feelin a little tired that day so when the curtain closed we were ready to go home. Apparently it's customary for the director to give comments, then about 10 teachers commented, then the director commented on the comments, and then the mic was passed around to random audience members. About 45 minutes into the commentary session I turned to my friend, and of course she was handing me the microphone. Suddenly 700 Chinese people were waiting to hear from me in Chinese about what I thought about this play that I couldn't understand. I looked at my husband hoping he would have some wonderful words of wisdom, but he just smiled at me and said "Go ahead dear." Thanks for the help. Actually I can't blame him I would have done the same thing to him if I had the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment