Thursday, December 3, 2009

Smelly Kids

Our bathroom is perpetually smelly. We used to keep the window open, but that stopped when the bat flew in. We try to plug our drains and keep the door closed but sometimes it's just not enough. During certain times of the day the smell increases dramatically. We refer to these "high traffic" times as the "peak poo hours." Coincidentally the peak poo hours coincide with the internet running slow. My friends tell me that the smell is due to the inadequate plumbing in Chinese buildings. Initially this was a comforting thought, but as I visit other bathrooms I have noticed that none of them are quite as odorful as ours. There is only one conclusion that can be made here. We are the smelly kids. There, I said it. The one good thing about having a bathroom that is always smelly is that you never have to take ownership of any one particular scent.

6 comments:

  1. when we were there, i noticed that my pee always smelled like chinese food. the smell went away when i came back to US.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good stuff.
    I chuckled all the way through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the tile border with the trees. Classy.
    I also like the set up... now you don't have to waste time washing your hands after a poo, you can wash your hands DURING a poo! Well done, China.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an excellent point Tim, and if I know I'm going to be there for a while I can just turn to the left and start some laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truth be told - we always thought you guys kind of smelled back here as well.

    Actually, reading this story gave me some chuckles during an over-the-top-boring meeting.

    Thanks fo that Eastons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's almost strange that without a squatty it would smell so bad. Boz and I once tried mothballs in a glass in WH but then I think it accidentally fell into the squatty and was lost forever. I am personally a fan of the little round air fresheners even though they do nothing.

    ReplyDelete