Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Mushy words

There are three kiddos that live in our building ages approximately 6, 4, and 3 that always play outside. When we first moved in they were shy. Whenever they saw us coming they would start whispering, then one of them would yell "hello" and then they'd all giggle and run away. Since then they've gotten a little more courageous, and we've gotten a little better at Chinese, so we've been shootin' the breeze with our "xiao peng yous" (little friends).

Tonight I was sitting in a restaurant on our street waiting for an order and they came in to say hi. The middle boy showed me his Toy Story stickers and then the sweetest thing happened. Mushy words like sweet and precious, kinda make me wanna throw up, but this really was all of those things. He got really close to my face and then very carefully reached out and touched my nose and my face and then my eye. He was so innocent and curious, that I couldn't even get annoyed when he told me I had a big nose.


This is the littlest dude - it was hard to get a good pic, he was really concentrated on that bike.

2 comments:

  1. Your mothering instincts must be kicking in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to ask...mikes nose right? Em dont' have big nose but Mike has a elbow attached to his face....haha...remember that one?

    ReplyDelete