Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Around the Hood

Just a few pics from the neighborhood...


The old ladies that congregate on the corner any time it gets above 50 degrees
(That is when they're not busy sifting through our trash for plastic bottles and cardboard.)

Our street filled with restaurants, fruit stands, bakeries, and salons

The sweet potato lady. She cooks them over an open wood fire. I don't personally like sweet potatoes but I've heard they're delish. It always makes me laugh when these gas-powered carts cruise down the street with an open flame on the back.

We discovered this box left open on the first floor of our apartment building.
We're pretty sure it's our internet.

Mike and I really like our neighborhood. I promise it's not as ghetto as it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment