Sunday, June 20, 2010

Made in China

I assume that most of you already know our big news that we are going to have a baby, but if not, hey guess what we're going to have a baby!!! The due date is January 17th and I am just starting week 11 of pregnancy. According to the all-knowing internet our little kiddo is about two inches long this week. We are having all our doctor visits in our city but then we will travel to Thailand a few weeks before the birth and have the baby there. We got to see an ultrasound already but it was just a black dot, so not super exciting yet.

Website I've been looking at measures the baby's size in accordance to fruit. So usually we just refer to the baby by whatever fruit it is that week. My favorite week so far was the blueberry. I just liked calling it the blube. This week it's the size of a prune, which is less cute. We do plan on finding out the gender beforehand, but right now I don't know whether to call it he or she and it just seems a little impersonal. Luckily Chinese has solved this problem with their gender neutral pronoun "ta." Mike's mom and dad decided to name it MIC - which stands for Made In China. The real name will be a secret till ta's birthday.

Right now my mom and Mike's sister are sure it's a boy and my dad is convinced it's a girl. Any other guesses? Maybe I'll put a poll on the blog. Welp now your all caught up.

4 comments:

  1. Hey congrats guys!!! We were "one of those couples" too who had a baby overseas . . . when we weren't "supposed" to. You go girl. Or boy. I have a friend who had a baby in Thailand. We met them before we went overseas. If you don't have anyone you can talk to about what it's like, let me know and I'll pass you onto here. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh-mazing. congratulations my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it! So excited for you guys! I personally kinda like ta for a middle name :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just incase you guys DO need a name consultant...i'm your NAN.

    ReplyDelete