Monday, May 24, 2010

Good Good Day


Last Monday was a great day. We woke up and headed to class, ok, that part was pretty mundane, nothing too special about that, then we were off to campus to meet students. I was able to talk with a girl for two hours in Chinese. This was really encouraging to me because lately I've been feeling like my language has been stuck at the same level. She was very gracious and willing to explain things different ways if I didn't understand. Her boyfriend told me that China is sad because they are poor, and if they were a richer country they could be a happier people. I was able to share with them that I have much more than money to put my hope in. They told me they were Taoist and that it was the same as what I believe. I shared with them the story of the Good News and then asked them if they still thought it was the same, and they realized it wasn't.
After that I met with a younger sister, who I hadn't seen in a while. She informed me that when she isn't connected with other sisters she is more susceptible to temptation, so we'd better start reading the Good Book together. I always think it's awesome when new believers come to very true conclusions without the intervention of other people.

Next stop - English corner with our American friends, where I found out that we have a new brother!!! Our first volunteer team arrived about two weeks ago and they have been diligently making friends since the moment they got here. That night, two more girls became sisters, plus two more on Friday!! Awesome!!

Anyway I just wanted you to be able to rejoice with us and get a feel for the what the harvest is like in this area. There are lots of people ready to hear we just have to find them. Thanks for your continued pr@yers. Big things are going to happen this summer.

2 comments:

  1. SWEET! GOOD TO KNOW THAT GNIYARP IS ANSWERED

    ReplyDelete
  2. this makes my heart leap!! i'm beginning to miss china more and more!!!

    ReplyDelete