Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What's up

Just a few snapshots of life lately...

KTV (kereoke) a favorite pastime among students.
Fun China Observation: If someone is physically capable of singing they will do so unabashedly in front of a large group of people regardless of actual talent.
Example: This week a girl asked me if I liked Nora Jones, then broke into song for an entire verse and chorus.
Nothing says party like 80's love ballads and Michael Jackson
This particular venue provided complimentary morracas and an automatic applause button.



"Ba He" literally translated - pull river
A rather plump student informed us "I am very good at this game because.. (looked down at his stomach - and back at us)... you know.



FYI Just Because...
  • Mike been hanging out with a couple of buddies. One guy is named Brian, his friend always pronounces it Brain.
  • On this lovely spring day we rode our bike home in sleet. I never thought I'd be jealous of Iowa weather.
  • The next two weekends we'll hold retreats for local brothers and sisters. Please pr@y that relationships with the father would deepen, that all the details would come together, that the speakers would speak clearly and that we would have tons of energy and awesome Chinese language skills. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! So I just found out that you guys got to meet Notty and isn't she awesome! Isn't she the most awesome Chineser that you've ever met?! ;) Seriously hilarious story on how we met! I am so stinkin' excited to hear what Father is doing in her life and that she got to be encouraged by the retreat! Awesome! Hopefully I will get to see her as she comes to study in the states! Yarpin for you and those who are on their way into the family! -Katie H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Ba He student who was a little bigger. That's a funny story. Good seeing you the other day. I'm going to go pull river now. peace. -stan

    ReplyDelete