Friday, April 2, 2010

LAMEgagement

My brother is going to get married in one month and it has me thinking about engagement. After Mike and I got married this is what we decided about relationship status.

Married - the best
Single
Dating
Engaged - the worst

Engagement is such an unnatural state. Longest five months of my life. At that point your completely invested in someone emotionally, financially and spiritually etc, but you can't be invested physically and you don't get to live together which is really inconvenient. Seriously who thought of engagement? I read that the average American couple is engaged for 17 months - I understand that the average American couple isn't necessarily "playin by the rules" but still that's crazy. I think that if you know someone is "the one" you should probably just marry them as fast as you can.

Here's a link about the origins of engagement if your bored... it's on Wikipedia so it must be true... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engagement

And what's a blog post without pics.

the eastons


the ritzman's

3 comments:

  1. Please tell me those are completely random photos you found on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope those are our parents - maybe I should have clarified.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin and I will have been engaged from sept 08 till jun 11.
    Please tell our story.
    and never let it happen to anyone.
    27 months different country. super lame

    ReplyDelete