Tuesday, January 26, 2010

oh this day

Recently I was invited to go to a friend's hometown to see her city and have dinner at her house. This meant I would be traveling alone.

The day got off to a rough start when I realized that I had not factored in rush hour when I contemplated how long it would take me to get a taxi. Needless to say I arrived at the train station, only to see the number of my train flash off of the screen as it pulled out of the station. oops. Oh well, not to be discouraged... All I had to do was jump into line and buy myself a new ticket. Chinese don't fail me now! The best I could do was "Now I go Wuxi?" Luckily it worked. I paid the guy 12 kuai and headed to KFC to wait for three hours. At 11:54 I headed back into the station ready to go, unfortunately my train was delayed another hour for a grand total of 4.5 hours at the train station. Awesome.

Being stuck in KFC for 3 hours ended up being great because I got to read the word. (Ok, you're right, I don't have a three hour attention span. I also played Bejeweled and Spider Solitaire.) The delayed train wasn't bad either cause I was able to share some Good News with a guy that started talking to me while we were waiting so that's cool. Plus I was able to use Chinese almost all day which is a victory in itself.

There have been plenty of days when stuff like this happens and my mind is so occupied with being annoyed, that it becomes impossible to even see any opportunities, let alone make the most of them. I'm really thankful that the Father choose to give me patience today and helped me be ok with whatever he threw my way.

The rest of the trip went great... I ate a mystery foot... more on that later.

My friend made sure to take to me to the train station personally with plenty of time to spare. It's possible that her concern stemmed from the fact that I arrived in her city 5 hours late.

No comments:

Post a Comment