Wednesday, September 23, 2009

We're not the same

A couple of weeks ago Mike and I took a the Meyers Briggs Personality test and scored pretty much the opposite of each other. Here's a quick story that illustrates our differences.

Mike leaves pretty early in the day because he has to study for a course he's taking and he tells Emily he's going to be gone most of the day. Sweet, thinks Emily, that means I get to hang out with people and have the day to goof off however I want to. Well, she soon realized that there wasn't anyone around the dorms and really you can only play Tetris and Solitare for so long. Eventually she got around to reading and other things that needed to be done. At the end of the day Mike comes back and the following conversation occurs

Emily: How was your day?

Mike: Good I got all the work done that I had wanted to and I'm even a little ahead and I only have a little more to do. What did you do today?

Emily says sadly: Well I studied chinese for two hours and completed some online surveys, finished an assignment, and got caught up on some reading.

Mike: What's wrong?

Emily: I just feel like I wasted my whole day.

Mike (laughing hysterically): That's probably the most productive day you've had in your entire life.

We're not the same

2 comments: