Monday, May 30, 2011

Ode to Gu La Rou


As our time in China gets closer to an end, I'm realizing that there are still so many awesome things about this place that I still want to tell you! Mostly food. So this is my ode to gu la rou aka sweet and sour pork. I don't know what it is about this dish, but for whatever reason we just can't get enough of it. Chinese people don't eat it very often, but that's probably because it's mostly made of ketsup and sugar. I can't begin to tell you how many conversations we've had over a plate of gu la rou. Here are few more of the "the usual" dishes that we often eat.

cabbage

Green Leafy Vegetable

Sugary corn pancake with sprinkles
Eggplant
Potatoes

And many many more

Disclaimer: These pictures were maliciously stolen from Micheal Anderson

2 comments:

  1. I really appreciate this.
    Mostly the thievery from Snacks, but all's good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I am just happy I got to use their camera for my final week! I wonder if we can make that corn in IA...

    PS Gabe- Nice blogging explosion a week back or so. You sure showed 'anonymous' who is boss...

    ...

    ReplyDelete