Thursday, December 30, 2010

The grass is always greener...

The grass is always greener on the other side. I'm no geographer, but I'm pretty sure the other side of Iowa is Thailand and in case you were wondering the grass is definitely greener here. We flew into Thailand on the 23rd and spent Christmas in balmy Chiang Mai. On Christmas morning we threw on some shorts and t-shirts and headed out. Mike wore his Mt. Dew T-shirt because it was red and green and he wanted to be festive. My family always eats cinnamon rolls and frozen fruit cups for breakfast on Christmas morning so we started the day with a cinnamon roll and improvised with a smoothie. Mike loves smoothies and decided to make it a goal to drink on every day we're here.


Then off to the mall to see the Narnia movie. Not a bad movie, but a little hard to follow in Thai. Thankfully the staff let us switch tickets to the English version. It was a great day, but a strange Christmas.

6 comments:

  1. I realized I wrote that "Mike was making it a goal to drink ON every day we're here," let me clarify. Drink ONE, as in one smoothie. Seriously Emily, that's how rumors get started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clean restaurant, bottle of ketchup on the table, smoothie, cinnamon roll, summer clothes... I really hope our little boy isn't premature. I will be terribly disappointed to miss it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily! You look gorgeous. Merry Christmasaversarynewyeababyentines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas from the Hammetts! We missed eating cinnamon rolls and fruit cups with you Christmas morning. Glad you were able to find a suitable substitute! Ryan LOVES smoothies too and would be all over the one-a-day challenge. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The other side of Iowa is Thailand.. Those first two sentences just made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make it a goal to eat a smoothie every time i go to work. Also, I'm jealous of the fact that you are wearing a t-shirt...outside.

    ReplyDelete