Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Active

Yesterday I went to the doctor and she listened for the baby's heartbeat. First she heard it on the left side of my belly, then on the right. She would find it really strongly for a while and then it would disappear. AKA our child is already a little spaz and wouldn't hold still long enough to get a reading. The doctor said "your baby is very active."

Active is an interesting word. This word used to describe an adult may imply they are involved in many activities in the community or they are sporty, but when used to describe children, "active" has different connotations. Don't get me wrong I'm super thankful that our kiddo is healthy and strong enough to be swimming around in there... but I can't help but wonder what we are getting ourselves into. Could this be our first glimpse of our child's personality?

2 comments:

  1. You guys aren't exactly boring people, so I would expect nothing less than "active" from your child! I need to see some belly pictures, you know the oh so popular silhouette photo of the mother, before I can make my vote for boy or girl.

    ReplyDelete